Vision for Success Headline Animator

Saturday, January 15, 2011

A message of hope from Joel Osteen


For a little over a year I have been hosting a radio show on WHBU that I intended to use as a vehicle to simply share a vision for success. The goal is to interview local and national business owners about their success story.

Since the initial broadcast, I have interviewed people like Bill Hardacre, Jay and Quinn Ricker, Judy Zinszer, Pete Bitar, Jada Sparks, and Michelle Reis to name a few. National guest have included EXTRA reporter A.J. Calloway, Magic "Earvin" Johnson, Build-A-Bear Workshop C.E.O. Maxine Clark, and last week Pastor Joel Osteen.

I have listened to a lot of people talk about their personal success and the struggles that they went through to get to the place they are today. There is always the story of perseverance even when things look their worst.

I saw in passing an advertisement that said Joel and Victoria Osteen were coming to Indianapolis on September 10, 2010 for a "Night of Hope." I called his office to ask if I could interview him and talk to him about our community. The next day I was on the phone with Pastor Osteen listening to him talk about the process of sharing and imparting vision in times when people have lost hope, which ended in a prayer he prayed for Anderson.

For those unfamiliar with Pastor Osteen he is the pastor of the largest church in the United States. The church recently acquired the old NBA Houston Rocket Stadium where it holds services for the congregation. His positive message resonates with millions and has been the inspiration for New York Times best seller books he has authored.

Some of the things that stuck out most from his comments were his statements:
"You won’t ever rise any higher than you see yourself,” and “ Write down where you want to go and keep that in front of you,” and “Success to me is becoming who God wants me to be,” and “Let everyday be a new beginning. You can’t drag the disappointment from yesterday, or the hurt from yesterday, or what you didn’t do right from yesterday, you can’t bring that into today or it clouds today," and "…be yourself and be grateful and recognize you are not going to have everyone’s approval and that is okay."

I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of people. I learn something from everyone I meet. Joel Osteen left me with the realization that success is an inside job. Create the image on the inside and it won't be long until what is on the inside comes out.

If you want to attend the Night of Hope at 7:30 p.m. at Conseco Fieldhouse Google “Night of Hope” and on the ministry website click on Indianapolis, IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment