Vision for Success Headline Animator

Monday, September 13, 2010

What is the difference between you and I?


What is the difference between you and I?

Have you ever sat down and thought about all the things that potentially divide us? At the end of the day what makes us all different?

Is it our faith, our race, our upbringing, our education, the people we choose to call friends, the decisions we make, the way we choose to dress, our choice of employment, the cars we drive , where we do business, or even our political affiliation.

Whatever the differences are for most people they are ways that we identify ourselves to others Differences aren’t bad. Some differences should be celebrated and even used to help diversify a collective view of a particular subject matter.
Some differences drive us all apart. They separate us from people we grew up with or make some people who have the ability to be able communicators to shut down.
What really makes you different for me?

Last week, our family lost a loved one (Christine Wilkerson Harris). I watched as extended family which has grown over 4 or more generations gathered to celebrate one of the most giving and generous people I have ever known.

I can’t say I understand what makes us all different, but I have concluded that despite all of our differences our truest identity lies within what makes us all alike.

We all have one life to live and the decision we make in this life effect others around us for generations to come. I am learning that I don’t know how to die, but by their example I have learned how to live.

Live full throttle ahead, maximizing every opportunity, giving, sharing, learning, from people you have the privilege to meet along the way. I have learned to live by listening to others life lessons and stories who you might think are much more different than yourselves, but they’re not.

I am learning that our personal decisions can lead us down the path of great success or great failures. Time is an unforgiving opposition. At times it doesn’t give us the opportunity of second chances or the ability to relive certain life altering situations.

I recently interviewed the young millionaire Jordan Wirsz for my radio show on WHBU. He said something that has made me think intensely about the difference between how to approach failure and people who have a true fix on our common life goals.

Thomas Edison failed many times trying something he believed in. The more he failed the more he was determined to find success.

For a moment lay aside your differences and try to find the common ground that makes us all human. Give where it counts. Live in such a way that people will remember you after you are long gone which

No comments:

Post a Comment